Problem when trying to install qt4-mac

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 4 02:23:14 PDT 2011

On Nov 4, 2011, at 03:13, Marko Käning wrote:

> Thanks again, Ryan, without your feedback I wouldn't have redone the selfupdate, since as I said, that's how I started my installation from scratch.

Yes, I'm not quite sure what happened. If you installed MacPorts from scratch, without having any MacPorts on your system to start with, it should have been ready to go the moment you quit the Installer. However, if you upgraded with selfupdate from MacPorts 1.x, you would have needed to run "sudo port selfupdate" twice -- once to upgrade to MacPorts 2.x, and a second time to properly reindex the ports. MacPorts would not have told you you needed to do that, you would just have had to know (or find that advice in a ticket or the mailing list archives). MacPorts has already been fixed so that it'll tell you when you need to do this in the future, it's just too late to fix it now for the upgrade from 1.x (since we aren't releasing any more versions of 1.x).