[86846] trunk/dports

Hiroshi Umemoto hum at macports.org
Sat Nov 5 21:56:04 PDT 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2011, at 11:42, hum at macports.org wrote:
>
>> p5-mecab, py-mecab, rb-mecab, rb19-mecab: correct depends_lib.
>>
>> if {${perl5.major} != ""} {
>> -    depends_lib-append  lib:libmecab:mecab-utf8
>> +    depends_lib-append  bin:mecab-config:mecab-utf8
>
> Is there a reason why this isn't using a normal port:-style dependency? lib:- and bin:-style dependencies should only be used if we want to allow the user to use a program or library installed outside of MacPorts to satisfy the dependency, but we don't usually want to allow that.

There are three ports for MeCab (mecab, mecab-utf8, mecab-sjis), each
of which utilizes a different character encoding dictionary and
conflicts with one another. Ports for scripting languages with MeCab
are applicable to any type of encoding mecab port. I would like to
specify a dependency on at least one of the mecab ports, that is
"depends_lib (port:mecab OR port:mecab-utf8 OR port:mecab-sjis)".
However, bin:-style dependencies are used instead of disjunctive
port:-style.