[87310] trunk/dports/_resources/port1.0/group/php5pear-1.0.tcl

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Nov 16 17:00:26 PST 2011

On Nov 16, 2011, at 18:47, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

>> Heads-up: once there are separate php54 php53 php52 ports as I'm planing, something different will have to happen here, since there will no longer be any port providing "phpize" (or "php").
>
> Will php5 not depend on "current" php5X?

The php5 port will go away.

There will be a "port select" mechanism like there is for python and others but if course that's only for the user's convenience, not for ports or portgroups to depend on.

> I may have missed it, but what is the intended way to depend on PHP (I'll have ports to update as well)?

I haven't announced anything publicly. I assume we'll have a mix of php54- php53- php52- subports for modules (the php5extension portgroup will be modified to work like the python portgroup does now) and php54 php53 php52 variants for web apps and other kinds of ports like phpmyadmin that use php.

You can see my work so far on php54 in my users directory but they just released the first release candidate so I should try to finish this up soon.