#31186 off-trac & Guide

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sat Nov 19 08:07:12 PST 2011

> I'm just not sure how we're going to handle upgrading people from the old applications_dir default to the new one.

for port installed, if contents | grep $applications_dir then deactivate

Then store it in a file (in the registry even as a recovery table) somewhere so we can reactivate it after upgrade. since /Applications/MacPorts will be a symlink, installing something to there will drop it in the destination of the symlink.

Storing things in a recovery table will also let us handle things like upgrading in a more automated fashion.