Problems trying to pull sources from git

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 19 16:16:36 PST 2011

On Nov 19, 2011, at 11:40, Marko Käning wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2011, at 1:19 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> Yes except you should use an http or https url instead of a git url if available because the buildbot cannot fetch from git urls.
>
> my experience is, however, that in my specific case I can use a git url to fetch the sources also on buildbot.
>
> What a nice surprise!

Surprising indeed! I agree it looks like it did work:

http://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/3167

My understanding was that the buildbot (and the distfiles server) are on a restricted network and therefore can only fetch from http and https protocols. That's why we've had to add http master_sites to many ports that only had ftp master_sites, and switch many git fetches to http/https URLs. Maybe the network's restrictions were relaxed recently.