Build warnings on buildbot

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 26 12:06:37 PST 2011

On Nov 26, 2011, at 11:55, Marko Käning wrote:

> I've got tons of messages from libtool like these:
> ---
> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib'
> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib/gwenhywfar/plugins/60/dbio'
> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib/aqbanking/plugins/33/imexporters'
> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib/aqbanking/plugins/33/bankinfo'
> libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /opt/local/lib/aqbanking/plugins/33/providers'
> ---
> What to do about them? Do I miss some configure option or does a m4 file need some fixing??
>

> Then there are these also:
> ---
> libtool: install: warning: `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Volumes_work_mports_dports_devel_aqbanking5/aqbanking5/work/aqbanking-5.0.17/src/plugins/backends/aqhbci/plugin/libaqhbci.la' has not been installed in `/opt/local/lib'
> libtool: install: warning: `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Volumes_work_mports_dports_devel_aqbanking5/aqbanking5/work/aqbanking-5.0.17/src/libs/aqbanking/libaqbanking.la' has not been installed in `/opt/local/lib'
> libtool: install: warning: `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Volumes_work_mports_dports_devel_aqbanking5/aqbanking5/work/aqbanking-5.0.17/src/plugins/backends/aqhbci/plugin/libaqhbci.la' has not been installed in `/opt/local/lib'
> libtool: install: warning: `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_Volumes_work_mports_dports_devel_aqbanking5/aqbanking5/work/aqbanking-5.0.17/src/libs/aqbanking/libaqbanking.la' has not been installed in `/opt/local/lib'
> ---
> The "has not been installed" makes me a little nervous…
>

> What is this all about?
>
> I have built and installed everything successfully on my system and am wondering whether buildbot just wants to confuse me, because eventually it says that the build 3316 has finished successfully. ;-/

I believe you'd see those warnings on your machine too if you examined the log. I think they're harmless. The "has not been installed" is accurate, at the time the message is printed: MacPorts has installed them into the destroot, not into their final locations. libtool is telling you they won't work there; they have to be in their final locations to work properly. Which is what MacPorts does during the activation phase. The "remember to run" messages I don't actually know about but if the programs seem to work then I wouldn't worry about it.