How to analyse buildbot errors?

Christoph Iserlohn ciserlohn at macports.org
Mon Nov 28 12:27:57 PST 2011

After I committed r87609 I received a builbot failure notice:

http://build.macports.org/builders/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/builds/3342

I would like to fix the problem, but it works fine on my machine
(10.6.8/x86_64) and the error message is not very helpful in analyzing
the problem either:
> ./do_status.sh
>  in dir /buildbot/ports-slave/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/build (timeout 1200 secs)
>  watching logfiles {'portstatus': 'portstatus.log'}
>  argv: ['./do_status.sh']
>  environment:
>   HOME=/buildbot/ports-slave
>   PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
>   PREFIX=/opt/local
>   PWD=/buildbot/ports-slave/buildports-snowleopard-x86_64/build
>   VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT=no
>   VERSIONER_PYTHON_VERSION=2.6
>   __CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x0:0:0
>  using PTY: False
> program finished with exit code 1
> elapsedTime=0.040252
Any hints how I can find out want went wrong would be greatly appreciated.

--
Christoph