i383-elf-gdb build help

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 2 05:19:37 PDT 2011

Since we're now talking about the development of portfiles, the -dev list is the correct place to discuss this. Please remove the -users list from any replies.

On Oct 2, 2011, at 07:02, Dongsheng Wang wrote:

> I copied the Portfile from corss/arm-elf-gdb to start. After replaced all "arm" with "i386", it actually worked all the way to activation. And, it gave the following error during activation phrase. (I hade arm-elf-gdb installed already BTW) After I deactivate arm-elf-gdb and try again. Everything is fine.
>
> What is the right way to fix the problem?
>
> :error:activate Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/share/gdb/syscalls/amd64-linux.xml is being used by the active arm-elf-gdb port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate i386-elf-gdb' to force the activation.

For ports to be able to be active simultaneously, only one port can own a given file, so it must be decided which if any port should own amd64-linux.xml. Perhaps one or both ports should rename the file. What is this file? What's it for? How is it used?