Execution of shell instruction in Portfile

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Oct 2 06:23:34 PDT 2011

On Oct 2, 2011, at 3:15 PM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
> While preparing a new Portfile for kdevelop (ticket #14890, https://trac.macports.org/ticket/14890), I realized that it is required to run kbuildsycoca4 after installation to enable kdevelop to find the components it requires for running.
Hi Nicolas,

I had the same trouble with skrooge. I used post-activate, but you 're of course right, this would use root permissions for that call. So, i guess you are right with just using ui_msg requesting the user to run the command (him|her)self.

I'll habe to modify skrooge's portfile accordingly.

Greets,
Marko