Requiring Specific Universal_Archs

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Oct 4 13:50:34 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-5 07:32 , Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> A port I'm working on has this requirement:
>  * +universal may only be {i386 ppc}
>  * +universal may not be used for specific OS versions
>
> I can use `array size ...` and two `lsearch ...` to ensure only i386 and
> ppc are in the universal_archs, and can test the os.version when
> +universal is active. Is that the preferred means of following the port's
> requirements?

Wouldn't this do the job?

platform foo {
	universal_variant no
}
configure.universal_archs i386 ppc

Sounds like kind of an artificial limitation though, if it builds 64-bit
when non-universal. (If it didn't, you'd just set supported_archs,
right?) And you have to ask yourself if the number of people who
actually need an i386/ppc universal build is worth the effort.

- Josh