libgdiplus

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 4 14:51:55 PDT 2011

On Oct 4, 2011, at 10:55, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:

> Has anyone else built libgdiplus? I'm curious if it needs `supported_archs
> i386`.

I doubt it; I have it installed successfully for i386 x86_64 on Snow Leopard with Xcode 3.2.6.

> Of course, I'm not certain that's the error since LD complains i386
> is not i386.

I don't believe that's what it's saying.

> When I tried building it, I was met with ld: in
> /opt/local/lib/libxml2.2.dylib, file was built for unsupported file format
> which is not the architecture being linked (i386) for architecture i386

I believe the way to read that message is "while trying to build some part of libgdiplus for architecture i386, libxml2 was found to not be the architecture being linked (i386), therefore we could not proceed".

Presumably the libxml2 port is not installed with the i386 architecture on your system. This would be understandable since libgdiplus does not declare a dependency on the libxml2 port. On my system, though, libgdiplus doesn't seem to use libxml2. I wonder why it does on yours. Perhaps we need to compare our logs.