wxWidgets license

Andrea D'Amore and.damore at macports.org
Mon Oct 10 12:54:27 PDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 21:33, Anders F Björklund <afb at macports.org> wrote:
> But the name of the wxWidgets license is "wxWindows"...
> (or wxWindows Library Licence, Version 3.1 to be specific)

> There is no conflict between the lgpl-2+ (of wxWindows),
> and the gpl-2 (I'm not sure if anything uses gpl-1 only).

Since wxWindows Library Licence "is essentially the L-GPL" I assumed
it had the same conflicts as 'lgpl' .

> So I have no idea what "wxwidgets" and "lgpl-3" was about.

Apache's license is actually "Apache License", still it's present as
"apache" in  port_binary_distributable.tcl, if capitalization matters
why is this?

Because I mistakenly understood that wxWindows Library Licence was
bases on L-GPL 3, now I see it's based on version 2.

> Or why you bothered asking, if going to commit anyway ?

I got your previous reply as a clear to send.

I was eager to add the license as Jeremy asked to keep the license db
consistent and I filed a ticket to upgrade wxwidgets-devel.

Is there anything wrong apart the lgpl-3 bit?

--
Andrea