[85256] trunk/base/src/port1.0/portlint.tcl

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Oct 12 08:50:56 PDT 2011

>>> There are ports for which we cannot determine the license. It would be
>>> annoying to keep receiving lint notices for something we can't change.
>>
>> Shouldn't we have a license value for those, too? Rather than just
>> skipping the license line, we could have something like
>>        license undetermined
>> to mark somebody has looked into the license for this port and there is
>> none.
>
> That sounds good. Someone needs to pick a name that can be recorded in
> the Guide for standardization: "Unknown / TBD / Unlisted /
> Undetermined."

We need to get away from the fail-fast approach of the license checking
function then. No matter what value we substitute, we'll need to "skip"
over it.

I know we have the ability to test some values if they are still the
default value versus modified by the portfile. Can this be done on the
license field as well?

Should we perhaps build up an array of rdeps that can be distributed
rather than just returning 0 or 1?