[85928] trunk/dports/net/nmap/Portfile

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Oct 17 12:45:08 PDT 2011

On Oct 17, 2011, at 3:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2011, at 12:53, dluke at macports.org wrote:
>> +pre-configure {
>> +		reinplace "s|^void main(void)|int main(void)|g" ${worksrcpath}/nbase/configure
>> +	}
>
> It would be better to use a patchfile for this instead of a reinplace.

I don't see why. Note that it's an anchored regex, so it will only match instances that we know need to be changed (besides the fact that I know it only matches the two cases that are included in your patch).

With the reinplace in the portfile, I'm more likely to double-check it if/when upstream fixes the configure test (maybe that's a problem for other maintainers, since AFAIK we didn't integrate your patch that warns when reinplace doesn't match anything?)

Not that it matters, but the reinplace command in the portfile takes up significantly less HD space than the additional file (minimum file size being 4KB)

--
Daniel J. Luke