[85965] trunk/dports/lang

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Oct 18 00:55:26 PDT 2011

On 2011-10-18 18:00 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2010, at 16:17, Jann Röder wrote:
>
>> The problem is, that this description relies in an environment variable
>> that is set in the platform section of the portfile. This variable
>> cannot be accessed in the note it seems. Any suggestion about that ?

Why are you setting environment variables like this in the first place?
If you need to use a value elsewhere in the portfile, use a normal Tcl
variable. If you need environment variables to be set during a phase,
use the options build.env, destroot.env, etc.

I'm pretty sure setting env(FOO) affects the entire process, not just
the interpreter that's executing the portfile.

- Josh