[86145] trunk/dports/kde/kstars/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 21 14:34:12 PDT 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 08:48, Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2011, at 4:41 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>> The guide has not been kept up to date with many of the changes MacPorts has undergone in recent years.
>

> maybe we should revive our long-ago policy of not allowing changes to be merged to a release branch until the documentation is updated?

Documentation is good to have, but I'd rather have progress in just the code than scare away contributors and not have code progress either. Anybody reading this message can update the guide and submit the enhancement as a ticket. Anyone with a Trac account can add or edit wiki pages. So while some people are busy writing code, others could write up documentation about it.