[86173] trunk/dports/python/py-sip/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 21 16:25:43 PDT 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 16:53, Eric A. Borisch wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> Why not use the "notes" feature for this message?
>>
>> Also, why is a message needed at all?
>
> I'd love to, but 'notes' isn't documented in the guide... care to
> enlighten or point me in the right direction?

Yes, notes should be documented in the guide. For now, it's documented in "man portfile":

     notes
         Notes for setup and use of the port.  This is shown after the
         port is activated and anytime the notes command is used; for
         example:

               port notes python26

         The advantage to using notes instead of ui_msg is that it can be
         queried after a port is installed but ui_msg is only printed dur-
         ing an install.  Therefore notes is good for any information
         which may be needed anytime after an install.
         Type: optional
         Example:
               notes To fully complete your installation and make python \
                  ${branch} the default, please run: \
                  sudo port install python_select \
                  sudo python_select ${name}