SSHKeychain site is dead

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 22 01:27:38 PDT 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 23:09, Michael Crawford wrote:

> For any ports for which you fetch from version control rather than
> downloading a tarball, I suggest that a cron job somewhere
> periodically fetch the latest code from the upstream version control,
> then make a tar backup.
>
> That way if their version control completely disappears you still have
> the source.

The main server already does fetch each port as it's committed, in order to mirror the distfiles. It could perhaps be extended to tar up files fetched by ports that fetch from version control.

Then again, if we implement #16373, maybe we get almost the same thing for free.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16373