can't compile on lion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Sep 1 18:11:06 PDT 2011

On Sep 1, 2011, at 19:35, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2011, at 12:30 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:

>>> I guess you need Xcode 4, which I believe is free now.
>>
>> Actually, Xcode 4.0.x appears to be in limbo now. It has yet to appear on
>> connect.apple.com for the free ADC accounts
>
> It should be there for paid accounts...

I don't have a paid account so I can't confirm that. The versions I see listed are 4.1 for Lion and 3.2.6 for Snow Leopard.

>> and is no longer available for purchase in the App Store.
>
> Really?  It should be available for SL users.

Really. I am on Snow Leopard with Xcode 3.2.6 and the only Xcode listed in the App Store is 4.1.1 requiring Lion.

...all of which is irrelevant to Daniel who started this thread, who is on Lion, who simply needs to upgrade to Xcode 4 (4.1.1) as stated by Jeremy Lavergne originally.