php5 extensions can't see installed SAPI

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 3 15:42:39 PDT 2011

On Sep 3, 2011, at 11:09, Bjarne D Mathiesen wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> php5-web and php5-uploadprogress determine whether php5+apache2 is installed by checking for the presence of the file ${prefix}/apache2/modules/libphp5.so. I assume that file doesn't exist, and that there's therefore something wrong with your php5 installation. Can you show us the contents of your php5 port?
>
> OK - that's the problem !
> I've pathced php5 to
> 1) rename libphp5.so to mod_php5.so to keep it in line with the other *.sos
> 2) auto-install of mod_php5.so through apxs
>
> hard-linking libphp5.so with mod_php.so solved the issue
>
> wouldn't it be smarter to check whether port installed php5 includes the
> +apache2 version instead of checking for a particular file in a
> particular place ???

I was not aware of a way to query the registry directly to discover what variant of a port is installed; it is not part of the public MacPorts API that's exposed to ports. Therefore, in these ports and everywhere else it has been necessary, I did the only thing I knew how: test for the existence of a file known to be installed only by the desired variant. If you know a better way, let me know.