[83502] trunk/dports/archivers/unzip/Portfile

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Sun Sep 4 13:33:37 PDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 06:22:08PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> My understanding is that in the license field, the dash is a separator between license name and version, so this looks like you're saying this port is under version "ZIP" of the "Info" license.
>
> Similarly, I'm not sure why we're setting some ports to be under the license "Public-Domain", which looks like we're saying they're under the "Domain" version of the "Public" license.
>
> Shouldn't we be avoiding dashes in license names? i.e. InfoZIP, PublicDomain.

Technically, something is only considered a version number if it's
separated with a dash *and* is numeric. But it's confusing enough that
we should reserve the dash just for a version separator.

The only license name we're commonly using with a dash is
Public-Domain, so we should probably change that to PublicDomain.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/