[83549] trunk/dports/math

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 6 01:15:20 PDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 03:10, Markus W. Weißmann wrote:

> On 5 Sep 2011, at 23:16, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> Also add the standard modeline, and ensure the port conforms to it. (Your port does not: it includes a mixture of tabs and spaces for whitespace; we want all spaces.)
>>

> do you need a modeline if its all spaces anyway?

It would not be correct to list the modeline unless the file actually conformed to it (i.e. used all spaces).

Yes, all files should ideally have modelines.

>>> +depends_build       port:gmake
>>
>> Is the gmake port really required? We recently had a thread in which it was requested that we avoid unnecessary dependencies, so I just want to make sure that you verified that the gmake that Xcode provides was not sufficient.
>>

> I didn't follow the list recently but I recall having this discussion like a thousand times. Is there a new policy on this? With the new package system in place, installing gmake took like 5 seconds here... and if you install the minisat package you don't even need to install gmake at all, cause its a build dependency.

Port binaries are not available for all platforms.

The point remains. Is the gmake port really required? If not, don't list the dependency.

>>> +use_configure       no
>>>
>>> +build {
>>> +    system "cd ${worksrcpath}/simp && MROOT=${worksrcpath} ${prefix}/bin/gmake rs CXX=\"${configure.cxx} ${configure.ldflags} ${configure.cppflags} ${configure.cxxflags}\""
>>> +}
>>
>> Remember you also need to use the right architectures. Put [get_canonical_archflags] in with your CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS.
>>
>> You may also then be able to easily add a universal variant by putting the line "variant universal {}" somewhere before this.
>>

> Doesn't configure.*flags contain the flags anymore?

configure.*flags never contained archflags, according to Joshua. Toby, on the other hand, also recalls them being there before.

> Works here for me ("just" building x86-64).

Of course it does. But try changing build_arch to i386 and it won't work right.

>> We also have a shortcut now where you don't need to "cd"; you can use the "-W" argument:
>>
>> system -W ${worksrcpath}/simp "MROOT=${worksrcpath} ..."
>>

> Thats very neat!

Thanks to Rainer for this one.