Releasing 2.0.3

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 6 13:48:46 PDT 2011

On Sep 6, 2011, at 06:36, Joshua Root wrote:

> On 2011-9-6 16:29 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> We can use this "cheesy hack" Joshua used a year ago:
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/changeset/68222/trunk/dports/sysutils/MacPorts
>>
>> We don't need to host the files elsewhere like Joshua did; we can pull them right from SourceForge with:
>>
>> master_sites sourceforge:project/macports/MacPorts/${version}
>>
>> (Why don't we even leave that line there?)
>
> You don't want the portfile that builds the dmgs to list the dmgs as
> distfiles.

I never suggested it should, except temporarily, as you did in 68222 to get the files onto the server. What I suggested was that we can leave the sourceforge master_sites in place, so that the source can be downloaded from there.

> I don't even upload the source tarballs before building the dmgs, I just
> set MASTER_SITE_LOCAL to file:///path/to/dist.

But it should be no problem to upload the source tarballs before building the dmgs, as has been done this time around for 2.0.3.