stray file on buildbot machine

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 9 02:16:41 PDT 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 15:39, Markus W. Weißmann wrote:

> I just fixed the "scheme48" port: It wrote a file outside ${destroot} during destroot phase; exactly that happended on the buildbot machine; which now leads to the buildbot being unable to activate the (fixed) port -- due to a conflict with the stray file -- and failing the build... [1]
>
> I'm not sure how to fix this for any build, but could you just delete /opt/local/bin/scheme48-config on the buildbot machine for now?

This does need to be fixed in the portfile. It's not just a stray file on the build machine; it's a stray file on any user's machine who has installed this port, and an activation failure when they try to upgrade to the fixed version:

$ port installed scheme48
  scheme48 @1.8_0+universal (active)
$ sudo port -u upgrade scheme48
--->  Fetching archive for scheme48
--->  Attempting to fetch scheme48-1.8_1+universal.darwin_10.i386-x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/scheme48
--->  Fetching scheme48
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for scheme48
--->  Extracting scheme48
--->  Applying patches to scheme48
--->  Configuring scheme48
--->  Building scheme48
--->  Staging scheme48 into destroot
--->  Installing scheme48 @1.8_1+universal
--->  Cleaning scheme48
--->  Deactivating scheme48 @1.8_0+universal
--->  Activating scheme48 @1.8_1+universal
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/local/bin/scheme48-config already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port scheme48. Use 'port -f activate scheme48' to force the activation.
Log for scheme48 is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_Users_rschmidt_macports_dports_lang_scheme48/scheme48/main.log
--->  Uninstalling scheme48 @1.8_0+universal

Examples of how this was fixed in other ports can be found in r83569 and r46351.