Diffing compressed tarballs

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Sep 11 23:43:51 PDT 2011

On Sep 10, 2011, at 11:33, Arno Hautala wrote:

> I've opened a ticket [1] which looks to solve things for tarballs
> without an enclosing parent.

I'm working on solving this problem now. (The patch in the ticket didn't seem to solve it.)

However, after all that, tardiff does not appear to actually show me a diff of what changed. It will just show me a list of the files that changed, and optionally how many lines were added and removed to each. It *runs* "diff -ru" to get that information, but doesn't appear to have an option to just print that diff out, which is what I really want to see. Maybe we can add a new "-d" flag to actually print the diffs.

I do really like its "-a" flag though to ignore the usually-irrelevant autoconf-related differences.