macports fetch suggestion

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Mon Sep 12 10:32:08 PDT 2011

Joshua Root wrote:

>> As long as you have Leopard or later, you don't need dmg/mdmg though ?
>> You can build xar packages, with the port pkg package.flat=true option.
>
> I looked at doing that, but couldn't figure out how to reproduce the
> functionality of our InstallationCheck script.

Right, any resources used by the pkg need to be included in the xar too.
And they're all "distributions", so don't use the exact same format...

If I recall correctly, it goes in "Scripts" ?

PackageMaker.app *should* take care of it...

Scripts: ASCII cpio archive (pre-SVR4 or odc) (gzip compressed data, from Unix)

Then that pax archive has the actual scripts.

--anders