Perl 5 License=?= {Artistic-1 GPL-1}

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Wed Sep 21 09:52:12 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 02:19:13PM -0400, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
> I believe the perl 5 license equates to artistic-1 or gpl-1.
>
> Is it worth adding to portmgr/jobs/port_binary_distributable.tcl?

The perl license allows any version of the GPL, so it should just be
'GPL' not 'GPL-1'

I've been listing perl ports as {Artistic GPL}, and think it's better
to do that than add a new license to the list of acceptable licenses
and try to work out its conflicts.

We haven't really been distinguishing the different versions of the
Artistic license. We probably should be more careful about that,
although in practice the difference isn't actually going to matter to
us for ports that are dual-licensed with the GPL.

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports              MIT CSAIL                http://drkp.net/