[84270] trunk/dports/devel/byacc/Portfile

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Wed Sep 21 21:15:49 PDT 2011

On 2011-9-22 07:32 , Daniel J. Luke wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2011, at 4:39 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>> Sounds like the distfile mirrors should be fixed.
>>
>> My understanding is that this is a security precaution at Apple's datacenter where the distfiles mirror lives; their (i.e. your) IT staff will not change this.
>

> This is a fairly lame restriction...
>
> I think I asked before, but could we just set up a proxy so that the distfile mirror can get ftp hosted files?

Sure. This would obviously have to be on a network other than Apple's,
so someone would have to volunteer to host it. Then it would just be a
matter of setting proxy_ftp in the macports.conf used by the mirror job.

> or, if we can fetch with ftp from one of the non-apple supplied mirrors (I think they exist), can't we just have the main distfiles mirror pull those distfiles from them?

That's what happened in the past with the trd.no mirror (which has been
down for a long time but is still planned to make a comeback). All the
other mirrors just rsync from the primary one.

- Josh