What happens with Python32?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Sep 24 04:11:54 PDT 2011

On 2011-9-24 19:04 , Francisco Garcia Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> As a Lion and Python user I have noticed that some Python packages are still lagging behind 2.7 and specially 3.2  In the later case that is even more surprising because Python 3.2 is already the milestone where there are no excuses to hold back.
>
> I've just subscribed to this list, not to complain about it, but to do something.
>
> I've just started porting some packages. I already did eric4 for python27, and py32-sip. Now trying to see if py32-pyqt4 works. I am not that good with portfiles but rewriting some ports from py31 seems a good start.
>
> I just wanted to know if someone else is working on py32 packages, if not, I will upload my portfiles to my github as a reference for my future questions.

The preferred solution here is to migrate python module ports to the
unified portgroup, so adding py31/py32 versions for modules that work in
python3 is simply a matter of appending "31 32" to the python.versions
option.

Please do file tickets for any modules that you'd like to see get
support for additional python versions, and if you can supply a patch,
that's great.

- Josh