commit?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Sep 26 02:51:40 PDT 2011

On 09/24/2011 10:53 AM, Titus von Boxberg wrote:
> I followed http://guide.macports.org/#project.membership
> to apply for commit rights but didn't receive an answer on two mails.
>
> Is this due to a technical or personal or documentation problem?

You did nothing wrong and that is the correct procedure to apply for
commit access. We as managers would be supposed to review your request,
but over the last month nobody got to it. This review includes looking
for tickets in Trac, Portfile contributions, submitted patches, mailing
posts and so on. After that, we still need to make the decision if we
grant the commit access or not.

> Or is no answer regarded as an "appropriate response" equivalent to "no"?
> Or is one month of consideration regarded to be of "timely manner"?

We always answer requests for commit rights, but fail at reviewing them
in a timely manner...

Rainer