conflict subport version

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Sep 26 16:08:34 PDT 2011

On Sep 26, 2011, at 2:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2011, at 16:05, Jeremy Lavergne wrote:
>
>>> I have been upgrading py-spf, py-dns and py-yaml ports to use subports:
>>> python.versions     24 25 26 27
>>> python.default_version 27
>>>
>>> Versions of port py-spf confilct on bin/spfquery.py.
>>>
>>> How would I conflict subport versions?
>>
>> I'd suffix the binary with the python version (and the portgroups had a setting to do this, I believe).
>> spfquery.py-2.7
>
> Yes, please make the ports non-conflicting.
>
> The python portgroup adds the suffix by default for version 2.6 and above, mirroring the behavior of the python26 and later portgroups. Versions 2.5 and below do not do this, just as the python25 and below portgroups did not do this; do it manually for those versions.
>
> It's actually a different of python26 and later building as a framework, and python25 and earlier not doing so. With a framework build, the actual binaries go into versioned directories deep in the tree, and only symlinks (by default with versions appended) get made in ${prefix}/bin. For python25 and earlier, the real binaries are installed in ${prefix}/bin, and, just like the real binaries python26 and later put in the deep directory, they don't have suffixes.

Ok, I have added -${python.branch} to the py-spf files in bin/ when ${python.version} is less then 26.

The reason I'm updating these ports is I want to add a pypolicyd-spf port.

I am a little unsure how to handle the dependencies for pypolicyd-spf. The pypolicyd-spf port needs python## and py##-spf.

I guess I can depend on py-spf, right?

Also, the pypolicyd-spf port uses setup.py. Is there a example of using a python setup.py file without locking in the python version?

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)