Synchronizing Two Macports Installations

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Thu Sep 29 19:15:30 PDT 2011

> However I am convinced that this idea/need is so common that someone must have worked on it already. Any of you have a reference/blog post?

The easiest solution is to host your own archives that can be downloaded between the machines. These two pages offer further details.
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/archives
https://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/ShareArchives2

tl;dr All the archives are in ${prefix}/var/macports/software and you can sync those directly, safely. When you go to install a package, macports will simply unpack and install it.