[91490] trunk/dports/devel/mercurial/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 4 17:01:24 PDT 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 05:44, Daniel Ericsson wrote:

> On 4 apr 2012, at 02:02, Joshua Root wrote:

>>> For such a change, the port's revision must also be increased.
>>

> I updated the version of the port 10 mins before this, so I think most people will get this change as part of updating to that version?

We have a buildbot now, so it doesn't matter how quickly you commit it, you still need to increase the revision if you made a change that users should get. See prior discussions on this topic:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-February/017723.html

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2012-March/018154.html

> I should have checked in this change first I guess, thanks for the reminder.

I would probably recommend committing such a change at the same time as either a revision increase or a version increase.