sha1 and rmd160

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Apr 5 21:53:34 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 00:15, M. Daniel Becque <mdbecque at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on upgrading the port of Proftpd from 1.3.3c to 1.3.3g as a
> first step. From the binary file repository i see where the md5 #  comes
> from but how do you get the sha1 and rmd160 numbers to place in the port
> file? There is another file with each release, .asc, in the repository.

sha1 and rmd160 can be generated with openssl:

openssl sha1 path/to/file
openssl rmd160 path/to/file

The .asc file is a PGP signature that can be used to verify the
integrity and authenticity of the source file. You don't need to worry
about that for the Portfile.

Also, I think md5 in Portfiles is deprecated. The preferred hashes are
rmd160 and sha256.

See: http://guide.macports.org/chunked/development.creating-portfile.html

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448