sha1 and rmd160

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Fri Apr 6 06:19:15 PDT 2012

> I typically just use whatever I get when doing port -d and copy and paste the checksum from there. Since I did that and still got a suggestion to change the hash, can this output be modified to reflect what's wanted/needed as hashes?

MacPorts will print out the expected hashes (with -v or -d) in these two cases:
 * no checksums were provided, default hashes are printed
 * specific checksums were provided, those hashes are printed

By changing what hashes are used in your Portfile, MacPorts will show you only those hashes. If you want to update to the current hashes, just remove checksums entirely and let MacPorts tell you what it should be.