macports 2.0.4 breaks the usage of clang on Xcode 4.3.2

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Sun Apr 8 09:48:14 PDT 2012

> The fact that, on Lion, MacPorts 2.0.4 installs perl/python that defaults to llvm-gcc-4.2 made me
> suspect that the binary packages installed on Lion were built with SL. If not, this brings up the
> question of why the Lion build bots are on such an old Xcode that they don't default all of the
> package builds to clang. Perhaps they should be updated to Xcode 4.3.2 and a bulk rebuild of the
> MacPorts package set started.

Pretty sure we just started running the first builds on the Lion buildbot this weekend.

I don't know their configurations, but it's entirely possible that it has a non-current Xcode. wms is doing pretty much all the work on setting up the buildbots. Maybe we can get a wiki page setup with the configuration information for each buildbot.