local portfile repository

M. Daniel Becque mdbecque at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 07:02:54 PDT 2012

I followed the guide [i think] but I did it from Finder. In my home
directory I created ports/net/proftpd_sftp. I gave it a different name so
that there would be no problem with the macports version. I then copied the
portfile for proftpd to my local repository and edited it with Textwrangler
to start the update process. Once i had the portfile in place I went to
Terminal, changed my directory to my local repository, ran portindex, and
got the "adding ports message" [I notice that there are 2 index files now
in my local ports directory]. I added my local repository to my path,
opened a new Terminal session, and typed "port info proftpd_sftp" at the
cmd line. Port responded "not found". I'm staring at it but can't figure
out what I've done wrong.
Thanks in advance.
Dan