Binary packages and path: dependencies

Thibaut Paumard mlotpot.news at free.fr
Wed Apr 11 07:56:00 PDT 2012

Le 11/04/12 16:19, Joshua Root a écrit :
> On 2012-4-12 00:13 , Thibaut Paumard wrote:
>>  if { [string match "*(active)*" [exec port installed ffmpeg-devel]] } {
>>      default_variants +devel
>>  }
>
> Rather running another port process, it would be better to check for
> some file installed by ffmpeg-devel, or ask the registry directly using
> registry_active.
>
> - Josh

Thanks for the tips from Clemens, Jeremy and you, this seems to be
working in an acceptable and reliable manner then:

if { ![catch { registry_active ffmpeg-devel }] } {
    default_variants +devel
}

ffmpeg and ffmpeg-devel almost have the same files (indeed, at some
point, ffmpeg-devel will become ffmpeg, I presume), so I don't think it
would be reliable, on the longer run, to check on a specific file.

registry_active is not documented in the guide, is there another source
of documentation for internal API that I should be aware of, other than
asking on the mailing list?

Regards, Thibaut.