[MacPorts] #33927: Add CELT051 audio codec to ports

Lawrence Velázquez larry.velazquez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:39:23 PDT 2012

On Apr 11, 2012, at 11:20 p.m., Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:

>>  You're welcome to create a new celt05 port but it should be engineered in
>>  such a way that it does not conflict with the existing celt port.
>
> Why it could conflict with celt port?
> Did you test it, at least?

It conflicts with celt if it attempts to install the same files as celt. The convention is that ports representing different versions of the same software (e.g., python26, python32) should be able to be installed at the same time.

>>  Note that since you are not a committer, the maintainers line must be your
>>  valid email address.
>
> Are you suggesting that I change maintainers line for a patch that you
> didn't acked?

He's just pointing out that you would need to provide your full email address ("fidencio.org:fabiano", presumably).

> Another great and serious package managers have celt051 package.

Good for them.

vq