Fwd: package installation fails with Homebrew

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:50:32 PDT 2012

Quite a Hazard:
macports refuses to compile since I have installed Kenneth Reitz`s
homebrew gcc although
the latest console tools and Xcode are installed correctly (fink does
quite well that way).

> xcode-select -print-path
/Applications/Utilities/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
> port install sshfs
Error: The installed version of Xcode (2.0orlower) is too old to use
on the installed OS version. Version 4.1 or later is recommended on
Mac OS X 10.7.

I believe console tools should be an own dependency with an own
error message and perhaps an own path string as it is distributed in
a different package by Apple.

Besides this I would appreciate ports to function with its own gcc
i.e. xcode-select -switch /opt/local/ which could then ideally be
distributed as an own binary package.

Regards,
Elmar Stellnberger