Fwd: package installation fails with Homebrew

Elmar Stellnberger estellnb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 02:26:22 PDT 2012

Excuse me, but there is something completely messed with ports.
It should take the path out of xcode-select.

root:/> xcode-select -print-path
/Applications/Utilities/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
root:/> xcodebuild -version
Xcode 4.3.2
Build version 4E2002
root:/> echo $PATH
/Applications/Utilities/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/X11/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin
root:/> port install sshfs
Error: The installed version of Xcode (2.0orlower) is too old to use
on the installed OS version. Version 4.1 or later is recommended on
Mac OS X 10.7.
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>