No Makefile only source.c

Matthew Cottrell matt.cottrell at mac.com
Sun Apr 15 10:25:28 PDT 2012

How do I set up the build phase for a port with no makefile, only a source.c?

On the command line the source is compiled like this:

clang -Wall -O3 -finline-functions -funroll-loops -o FastTree -lm FastTree.c

I tried setting the build.cmd like this but I get the error "invalid command name "clang"

if {${configure.compiler} == "llvm-gcc-4.2"} {
    configure.compiler clang
}

build.cmd               ${configure.compiler}

build                   {
                        ${build.cmd} -Wall -O3 -finline-functions -funroll-loops -o FastTree -lm FastTree-2.1.3
                        }

Terminal output looks like this:

--->  Fetching fasttree
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for fasttree
--->  Checksumming FastTree-2.1.3.c
--->  Extracting fasttree
--->  Configuring fasttree
--->  Building fasttree
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: invalid command name "clang"

--
Matthew Cottrell
Lewes, DE 19958

http://www.mattcottrell.org