New plug-ins for Yorick

Thibaut Paumard mlotpot.news at free.fr
Wed Apr 18 01:48:10 PDT 2012

Dear MacPorts team,

About three weeks ago, I set out to upgrade the distribution of the
Yorick intepreter in MacPorts. To this effect, I have upgraded the
Portfiles for Yorick and its plug-ins / packages already present in
MacPorts, and submitted new ports.

I am thankful to Ryan and Clemens who committed some of the changes, and
to Joshua and Jeremy who gracefully answered my questions on the mailing
list.

I think I'm done now (although I will, of course, fix bugs, upgrade
Portfiles and submit new plug-ins in the future). Let's just say I've
completed what I wanted to do three weeks ago.

A few (8) new submission tickets remain open, I would be grateful if
someone could have a look and, eventually, commit them. They all include
a Yorick plug-in, although the first two below are more than just that.

python/py-svipc:
 System V interprocess communication for python and yorick
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34022
 (includes subports for python?.? and yorick)

science/
Gyoto
 General relativistic geodesic integration and ray-tracing
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34088
 (includes a library, command-line utility and yorick plug-in in a
single port)

yorick-hdf5
 Hierarchical Data Format 5 interface for Yorick
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33892

yorick-ml4
 Matlab 4 file format I/O
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33903

yorick-mpeg
 Write MPEG-1 movies from Yorick
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33897

yorick-optimpack
 Optimization of large scale problems for the Yorick language
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33882

yorick-soy
 Sparse matrix Operations for Yorick
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33904

yorick-yeti
 Miscellaneous compiled utilities for Yorick (hash tables...)
 https://trac.macports.org/ticket/33894

Kind regards, Thibaut.