[92093] trunk/dports/devel

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Apr 18 12:47:29 PDT 2012

On Apr 18, 2012, at 14:42, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

> On Apr 18, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> +set libenv          "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=${worksrcpath}/lib"
>>> +set aceenv          "ACE_ROOT=${worksrcpath}"
>>> +set taoenv          "TAO_ROOT=${worksrcpath}/TAO"
>>> +set makearg         "INSTALL_PREFIX=${prefix}"
>>
>> There's no need to quote these.
>
> Is this true if worksrcpath or prefix has spaces?

If prefix has spaces most of MacPorts probable explodes. Years ago I tried to report a bug to the autotools people relating to spaces in path, and they said it was pointless to try to use spaces in paths, so this is not supported in MacPorts either.

If worksrcpath contains spaces you may need to quote it, but only the value, not the entire thing, so:

ACE_ROOT="${worksrcpath}"

etc. But since this worksrcpath doesn't contain spaces (unless prefix were to contain spaces, which would be unsupported), this isn't needed in this port either.