Let's talk about +debug

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Thu Apr 19 12:11:43 PDT 2012

On 04/19/2012 01:50 PM, Blair Zajac wrote:

> On our Fedora systems, anytime we build an RPM with rpmbuild, I get an
> additional foo-debuginfo package with debugging symbols.

This would be akin to macports building packages optimized with
debuginfo, running dsymutil and strip and providing the .dSYM bundles
alongside the libraries and applications that get built.

I don't see a good reason to not do that aside from diskspace, and lack
of a volunteer providing the patches :-)

Peter