[92462] trunk/dports/databases

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Mon Apr 30 01:12:25 PDT 2012

Ryan,

> $ ~/macports/users/ryandesign/scripts/vercmp 2.0.1-svn 2.0.1
> MacPorts considers 2.0.1-svn to be greater than 2.0.1.

So I guess I’ll have to add an epoch to get it right.

> So I suggest you just remove these lines.

Done.

> For the same reason, this check should occur at pre-configure time, because at pre-fetch time, the dependencies have not necessarily been installed yet.

I thought the dependencies were installed before the port was fetched. Thanks for pointing this out.
I’ve made some changes in r92494/92495.

> Anyway, shelling out to "port installed" and "grep" is pretty messy; there are better ways to ask MacPorts to query its registry of installed ports.

If you have some snippet to give me, I’ll take it with pleasure. I was totally unable to find anything about query MacPorts registry from within a Portfile…

Cheers!
Vincent