MacPorts filesystem layout warning

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Thu Aug 9 00:54:19 PDT 2012

I have an my first ever portfile building and installing the Wt Library but am receiving a couple of warnings that I'd like to clean up before moving on.  I'm having trouble understanding exactly what the concern is that the warning is trying to point to.

Warning: violation by /opt/local/cmake
Warning: wt violates the layout of the ports-filesystems!
Warning: Please fix or indicate this misbehavior (if it is intended), it will be an error in future releases!

I've looked at the 'man porthier' and I don't believe any of my files are violating the filesystem layout it describes.  How can I obtain more information about which files port thinks are problematic?

Thanks for the help today.  It's been a fun learning curve to climb.

Craig

Craig Miller
http://spatialminds.com