macports-clang-3.2

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 16:37:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 16 Aug 2012, at 11:51 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2012, at 17:42, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> I would like to ask if there are any approximate time plans to make
>> macports-clang-3.2 compiler part of officially released MacPorts. The
>> reason why I'm asking is because TextMate2's build procedure requires
>> it if XCode 4.4 is not installed. I fixed the problem locally, but
>> others might start requesting it as well (or filing bugs saying that
>> "textmate2 fails to compile").
>
> It was added to trunk in r92588 but wasn't merged back to the 2.1 branch. I think this would be a good idea to merge back. It's a version of clang that's not yet released, but we already support gcc48 in the 2.1 branch since r91521 even though gcc 4.8 isn't released yet either.

I would also find this useful, as I would like to use the 3.2 macports clang version as a possible compiler for the ROOT port, to support cling.

As a side question If 3.2 is not released, how does it then related to the Xcode version of clang with OSX 10.8, which appears to report itself as version 4.0 ? Or is this just Apple doing its own thing again... Or have I mis read the versions...

Chris