macports-clang-3.2

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Aug 16 18:30:30 PDT 2012

On 2012-8-17 08:42 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask if there are any approximate time plans to make
> macports-clang-3.2 compiler part of officially released MacPorts. The
> reason why I'm asking is because TextMate2's build procedure requires
> it if XCode 4.4 is not installed. I fixed the problem locally, but
> others might start requesting it as well (or filing bugs saying that
> "textmate2 fails to compile").

Using a value that isn't available in the current base release is a bug
in the port. configure.compiler is just a convenient way to set
configure.cc, configure.cxx etc. all at once, so setting those
separately as needed is the fix.

Someone (I think it was jeremyhu?) previously asked about moving the
configure.compiler definitions to _resources so we can update them
independently of base releases, and that might not be a bad idea. We
could even just add extra ones from there, so it doesn't break anything
for people using completely custom ports trees.

- Josh