compile a source code modified with macport

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Fri Aug 17 07:30:28 PDT 2012

Hello,

On 08/17/2012 11:41 AM, Michaël Parchet wrote:
> I try to compile a customized  gimp version with the attached portfile. the source url syntax is it ok ?
>
> Is that it will compile correctly my source code ?

The gimp port is actually just a meta port that defines dependencies on
many other ports, including the gimp2 port that provides the actual
binaries of GIMP. If you want to apply additional patches, take a look
at the port gimp2 instead of gimp.

In particular, you need to eidt master_sites and supply your own tarball
with the sources, or add patches to the patchfiles line to apply these
before building.

How exactly you would do this depends a lot on what you want to change.
To understand the syntax of Portfiles in more detail, take a look at the
portfile man page (using 'man portfile') and the guide at [1].

Rainer

[1] http://guide.macports.org/#development